Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) is an initiation of Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA), in collaboration with National Council of Education Research and Training, an institution under the Ministry of Human Resources and Development and Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organization under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. VVM is a National program for educating and popularizing science among school students of VI to XI standards. VVM aims to identify and nurture the bright minds among the student community, who are keen on subjects related to science.
OBJECTIVES OF VIDYARTHI VIGYAN MANTHAN (VVM):
- To conduct an annual talent search exam at the national level to identify students who have a scientific bent of mind.
- To provide the winning students with mentors to enrich science learning experience to carry forward their science education at higher levels.
- To organise exposure visits for the winners to various R&D institutions in the country.
- To identify successful students at the State and National levels and felicitate them with prizes and certificates.
- To create interest among students in science.
- To educate school children about India’s contributions to the world of science and technology, both traditional and modern.
- To provide hands-on training to students through workshops and other events.